Friday, August 12, 2016

Tulsidas says

If I focus on things in my mind that are convoluted and unhappy, this applying my consciousness to them dissolves them, and I lose the desire to follow them about. They are empty for me. Chasing but never having. Seeking pleasure, but always in pain.

All around me is such beautiful light. It tells a story, but I am never in the story, even when I think I am.

My guru... Only because of your grace.


Tulsidas with Lord Rama, Lakshmana and Hanuman

Tulsidas is a beloved poet saint who lived in India in the early 16th century CE. He was a great devotee of Lord Rama.

Tulsidas says:

Until now, I have frittered my life away, but no longer will it be so.
By the grace of Lord Rama the night of worldly ignorance has passed.
I have awoken and will no longer sleep in darkness.
I have been given the name of my Lord,
the wish-fulfilling gem that will forever abide in my heart.
By meditating on and remembering beautiful, dark-colored Rama,
my mind will be refined into the purest form of gold.
Knowing I was controlled by them, my senses once teased and tempted me.
Now that I have acquired self-control, they tempt me no more.
Tulsidas says: "My mind has vowed to resolve its fickle nature and become immersed in the lotus feet of Rama forever."



No comments:

.

.
Sweet Surprise 2017


Forever and ever...


...closer than close.