Select Language

Friday, July 22, 2016

New rule



Former lifelong rule: only commit to (sadhana and other) methods that will give solid and immediate progress, that don't require constant attention and effort. I decided this as a child so I wouldn't "get lost" in the depleting pursuits of others around me.

"Chanting (etc.) is okay, but it doesn't get me there." Everything was about getting there.

Then, I dropped all the "fixing" and "getting there" architecture built up in my being.

All because I said yes to merging with the guru, with finding her inside me, and the gifts that my guru given to us for several months, gifts she is showering on me right now? 




New rule: chant, mantra, meditation (etc.) to experience the love of God, drawing near to God, loving God... God and guru. To feel the vibrations of purity and love in my being.

The experience is now, always now. Progress is not required. It really is the journey, not the destination.

I guess most or all of this seems obvious to seekers. But I thought I had to somehow achieve realization. I had reached a point where my sadhana wasn't about practices. It was about the discipline, purification and enlightenment of my mind. This control of my mind has blossomed into something unexpected.

I am on the path of choosing God, loving God, and opening myself to my guru's grace. I don't have to worry about the right actions and/or timing. I don't have to worry about "getting there." I already worry about that way too much.

How can I further describe the revolution that is taking place in my life?



No comments:

Most popular posts

Search my blog

Search Hinduism and Sanskrit terms

Search results

Receive my delicious posts via email!