Only my love

Buried, then uncovered
These shifting sands will bring me up

The winds have moved this desert here
The winds cannot move me,
but they will take all of this away

Love
Only my body holds me here

Love
Only my love for You remains

~ jnana shiva

I am made of this velvet mystery
An ancient place of worship
Here, in the velvet mystery of my heart

Soham. I am that.

.
"The real beloved is your beginning and your end.
When you find that one,
you will no longer expect anything else."
.
~ Jalāl ad-Dīn Muhammad Rūmī
(1207-1273)
.
.

Saturday, November 16, 2013

Now

An excerpt from the Vijnana Bhairava, The Manual for Self Realization by Swami Lakshmanjoo, from Dharana 28 (sloka 51).

"When you are walking or talking, or doing some household work, or doing any other nonsense act, just concentrate your mind on dvādaśānta [the center place]. Your mind must hold the state of dvādaśānta in each and every act of your daily routine of life. But this must be held in continuity, pratikṣaṇa.
Then, one is born anew. One is born anew in days, not in months. Vailakṣaṇyaṁ dinair bhavet, some days will take place and he will be born anew; he will become new, all-round new...
...Then kṣīṇa vṛitter, his [lower] mind will cease to function. His mind will cease to function altogether, and he will become a new man in some moments, or in a few days, not months.
Then nothing is to be done afterwards. Then his everything is there."


Swami Lakshmanjoo at the feet of Ramana Maharshi 1938

3 comments:

  1. Which dharana is this commentary from? Here Svamiji laskmanjoo says dvādaśānta is the center, but in most other commentaries he speaks of the 12 finger distance from the exhaled breath and the other 12 inward is the hrit?

    Jai Paramasiva!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. From Dharana 28 (sloka 51)

      SWAMIJI: The state of dvādaśānta is not only between the two eyebrows, only here [the throat pit], only in the heart.
      GEORGE: That center, any center.113 (see note below)
      SWAMIJI: Any center!
      GEORGE: Yes.

      Note 113. One dvādaśānta [at a time]; not every dvādaśānta [together].


      Delete

Welcome and namaste. I warmly invite you to leave a comment. I would love to hear from you! Thanks for visiting my blog. ~ jnana

~ except for my traffic feed widget ~