Select Language

Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Ego and rajas

Purple and white flower
EGO
Through guru's grace, through all that has been burned up...

I now notice when my ego tries to hijack my inner reality. "Me," it says. "This is great because of me." "This attainment is because I am special and unique and cool and..."

I notice it right away, and most of the time I don't move at all, let alone jump on the ego ride.

DOING (rajas)
Through guru's grace, through all that has been burned up...

I now notice when I try to control my emotions and my inner state. I notice when I like a spiritual feeling and the impulse to try to ride it, increase it, use it to be "as spiritual as possible."

I notice it right away, and most of the time I don't move at all, let alone push and pull and throw my experience as though just being is not enough, never enough.

Through guru's grace, through all that has been burned up...

I am happy, I am content. All of this is God, my beloved. God seeks me, my beloved comes to me in the most perfect and exquisite way.

Perfect.

Pink flower

No comments:

Most popular posts

Search my blog

Search Hinduism and Sanskrit terms

Search results

Receive my delicious posts via email!