Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Practice of dharana

My mind is so quiet, I notice it as soon as it revs up over something. I choose to focus in again on the inner silence, where the Self as the inner flame does not waver, where my mind becomes steady, and can take its rest.

This is what I call "eyes open meditation." (It rocks).





"O my mind, take thy rest..."

When it is time to sit for meditation, immediately my mind says "I don't want to."

I contemplate this very familiar response from a slightly different perspective, one that I've been using a lot this week, with excellent results. I ask myself: What could possibly be better than spending time with my Beloved, the Supreme Lord, here in the temple of my heart?

By taking the help of this simple question, I focus expanded, compassionate and divinely loving consciousness on the contracted and fearful consciousness in my mind, and watch as it dissolves away.

This is an example of the practice of dharana (concentration), which makes use of the power of consciousness to transform consciousness.




What could possibly be better than spending time
 with my Beloved, the Supreme Lord,
here in the temple of my heart?
Om guru jaya guru om gurudev...

No comments:

.

.
Sweet Surprise 2017


Forever and ever...


...closer than close.