Monday, May 27, 2013

The yearning

This yearning and yearning for the Beloved is softening me, I feel it opening my heart, bringing me over and over to God in my constant need of His promise, the answer to this need.

Ever tender is His love, for my offering of it all... of my chance and fate, my blood and bone, the augured walls of my willing surrender.


Edward Lear ~ Jerusalem from the Mount of Olives, Sunrise

I will leave this holy city. I can just slip away from this last chance at worldliness, slipping through the eye of the needle into the darkness outside these ancient walls, slipping through the cool stillness before sunrise to live and pray in the solitary places. I turn away from the dream of this world, and carry nothing but my aching need for You, my God. 


I will worship You wherever I am. I will make of the sands my prayer mat, the winds my Azan. God is great. The only true success. There is no other. There is only God, only Allah.




I love You, God. I love You so... I love You... You are my Beloved and my Supreme Lord. My source and my destination, the fragrance of love, the only fount of all I desire... You as You tenderly enfold me. You as You take me back into Yourself forever. You as my own true Self, my own true Love.


Fairman, James - View of Jerusalem
James Fairman ~ View of Jerusalem 
(Public domain via Wikimedia Commons)


I am far away now. The wind pulls at my clothes, softening them as You are softening me, Lord. And I have stopped to remember, how at the Mount of Olives I turned to view the City on a Hill, the city of walls and of the many, of many prayers. 


And I wondered: will my eternal God ever take form as me again?







~ . . . ~ . . . ~ . . . ~ . . . ~ . . . ~



"You cause the night to enter the
day, and You cause the day to enter the night; and You bring the living out of the dead, and You bring the dead out of the living. And You give provision to whom You will without account.” 
(The Noble Quran, Ali Imran:27)



No comments:

.

.
Sweet Surprise 2017


Forever and ever...


...closer than close.