Select Language

Saturday, April 13, 2013

Mantra japa

Guru's grace,
the inner nectar
A new practice! Committing to memory.

I get to experience memorizing a series of teachings, or aphorisms, (vehicle of guru's grace), which are focused on Mantra Japa, this year's message.

Before the teachings, there was a dharana (concentration exercise):
Unite, Love, Appreciate, Honor, Grace, Laugh. (My share was posted on the website!)
I can feel guru's grace rising through me as great waves of shakti with the insistent weight and gentle force of sweet nectar.

LATER: I read another devotee's share later and realized, as she had observed, that the waves were "...the pulsation of the mantra."

Om. Help me to accept your grace in every way, and be the best devotee and sadhini that I can be, I pray, my guru, Sadguru. Om.


There are nine beads, or teachings, plus the "guru" bead:

Mantra japa is an offering
  1. The true flame is alive in our hearts. Awaken us to the music of So'ham. ~ Jyota se jyota
  2. A perfect joy abides in the heart, a love like nectar. Go there and find it. ~ Baba Muktananda
  3. Mantra is the vibration of the Supreme Self. ~ Baba Muktananda
  4. The root of mantra is the guru's word. ~ Shree Guru Gita
  5. Mantra, the purifying force. ~ Gurumayi Chidvilasananda
  6. The power of absorption in the force of the mantra dissolves all limitations. ~ Paratrimshika
  7. Mantra repetition gives the mind freedom from thoughts that hinder one's progress in life. ~ Gurumayi Chidvilasananda
  8. Every particle of the breath, every inhalation & exhalation, is a bead on the japa mala, the awareness of which leads to the experience of ajapa japa. ~ Gurumayi Chidvilasananda
  9. The mantra is the master key that unlocks the mystery of the inner kingdom, revealing the fullness of your own heart. ~ Gurumayi Chidvilasananda

Guru bead:  सो ऽहम् so'ham ॐ गुरु  om guru om ~ ॐ नमः शिवाय om namah shivaya (the three mantras of Siddha Yoga Path)


Om Namah Shivaya in Devanagri script
Sacred river offering
a sweet ittle boat
~ Om Namah Shivaya ~
I offer my love to God
Who is here in my heart

No comments:

Most popular posts

Previous posts

Search my blog

Search Hinduism and Sanskrit terms

Search results

Receive my delicious posts via email!