Select Language

Thursday, March 28, 2013

Face fire!


I dreamed that a man from India was handling fire for some reason. Perhaps a performance or a ritual. 

Then the man's face was on fire, it had caught fire. The man did nothing but stand there, swaying slightly. 

He's in samadhi, I realized. His face is burning up. He's in samadhi and doesn't know he's on fire! I feared for him. 

Then... he regained "normal" consciousness and the fire stopped. He realized what had happened. His face was blackened. He didn't seem to be in pain or upset at all. 

 He had a gentle little smile.

~ ... ~ ... ~ ... ~ ... ~ ... ~ ... ~


samadhi [sumaadhi]: advanced state of meditation; absorption in the Self; Oneness; the mind becoming identified with the object of meditation



~ ... ~ ... ~ ... ~ ... ~ ... ~ ... ~



UPDATE: 3/29/13
At first I thought the dream meant that meditating was when my ego was really being burned.

I thought perhaps it might even mean that when I left meditation, the burning stopped.

Today... I interpret the dream to mean that union with God (samadhi) means that burning ego need not cause pain, and could actually be bliss. 

I think this is the highest meaning of the dream, (which makes me smile......)

I want to burn ego so I can be taken back into God. And the more I am joined with God, the more I can burn ego fearlessly and with little pain. 


"Bring it..."


The mantra grants fearlessness. The mantra protects the one who practices it from the pain of the world. Om Namah Shivaya.


No comments:

Most popular posts

Previous posts

Search my blog

Search Hinduism and Sanskrit terms

Search results

Receive my delicious posts via email!