Select Language

Thursday, March 7, 2013

Burning tamas

Leisure air tasting
I was burning (mostly) rajas.

Now I am burning tamas.

I've never really liked sattva, but I suppose that's next(?)

I remember even as a girl, sattva felt oppressive and stagnant. Oh, how much fun to burn that?... ick. (Liking or not liking, both need to be burned).




~ . . . ~ . . . ~ . . . ~ . . . ~ . . . ~ . . . ~


The three gunas are the three fundamental qualities, tendencies or stresses that underlie all manifestations. They are: rajas (action, restlessness, "efficient," "kicking butt"), tamas (darkness, inertia, "coasting," "hiding"), and sattva, (light, purity, "following the rules," attachment to earned merit).

No comments:

Most popular posts

Previous posts

Search my blog

Search Hinduism and Sanskrit terms

Search results

Receive my delicious posts via email!