Select Language

Friday, March 8, 2013

Arati puja

In addition to the two constant nadas, I keep seeing little things out of the corner of my eye.

The nada helps my mind. It doesn't have to keep figuring out over and over if my whole life is on a new level (of "attainment"). The nada started when it all started a few months ago, and has been continuous since then. It isn't as loud now. It's barely there, then becomes a little louder when I focus on it. It still changes sometimes. For awhile it was a "ghetto bird," then a cicada (which is funny because I don't like the noise of cicadas, a very loud insect).

A few days again, during my new puja, (I started performing arati daily, a little over a week ago), when I performed arati, on the last circle of the flame I focused in on my subtle mind, and a very bright "flame" flew out and down into my body (visual only, no warmth or sensation).

I love the look of spiritual concentration, or dhyana, on the brahmins' faces in these photos of evening arati at one of the ghats (stairs down to the Ganges River) in Varanasi, India. (I remember this feeling of relaxed, super-focused, very clear buddhi (mind) when I "waved the lights").

Evening arati is given at three different ghats 
(stairs down to the water)
on the River Ganges at Varanasi, India


Brahmins perform arati on the banks of the Ganges River in Varanasi India

Brahmins perform arati on the banks of the Ganges River in Varanasi India
Brahmins perform arati on the banks of the Ganges River in Varanasi India

No comments:

Most popular posts

Previous posts

Search my blog

Search Hinduism and Sanskrit terms

Search results

Receive my delicious posts via email!