Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Bade Baba story

Bhagawan Nityananda,
"Bade Baba"
When I lived at the ashram, and worked in the "Bookstore," (the fulfillment of online and phone orders for meditation supplies, etc.), we occasionally ordered a special item for sale. Something new: a bunch of "cute" little one-piece brass lingams. I walked into the warehouse area, and just couldn't help myself. "That's a whole lotta lingams," I observed.

Okay while we're talking so-called funny stories about brass items, another time I picked up a bunch of small (about 3 inches tall) brass Bade Baba (Nityananda) murtis that had been created for us in Rhode Island. The metal craftsman, of course, were hardy East Coast sons-of-immigrants who watched The Sopranos on HBO (as did I). They were all laughing and I soon found out why. "Bada Bing!" they gestured to the little army of cross-legged Bade Babas ready for transport. 

They called the Bade Babas "Bada Bing!" I laughed!! I was sure Bade Baba was laughing too. The fact that the "Bada Bing" was a strip-club on The Sopranos only made it more funny.

PS I was just thinking they likely had some blissful, intoxicating darshan of Bade Baba while creating the beautiful murtis.


Nityananda's shakti
Muktananda's shakti
Chidvilasananda's shakti
My shaktipat diksha
A priceless gift
Thank you

Another Bade Baba story (my favorite)



No comments:

.

.
Sweet Surprise 2017


Forever and ever...


...closer than close.